Definition: Commercial gentrification is defined as the physical, social, economic, and cultural changes of a region due to the increased displacement of houses and neighborhood stores in residential areas and the increase of cafes, Western restaurants, and chain stores.
Commercial property management Flo Shea At The Point, LLC, in The Cascade HeighTS,. hired an APD officer to illegally evict their tenant, change the locks and confiscated all of their merchandise.
Flo Shea, entered the business of Thomas LaVone, a designer, located at 2291 Cascade Rd. SW, Atlanta, GA 30311 with an APD officer in full uniform and driving a APD vehicle. The officer informed Mr. LaVone that he had to leave his business and the locks were changed around 4PM on Friday April 29, 2022. The officer showed a copy of a letter from Flo Shea’s lawyer and stated that he was in full rights to evict him from his place of business, he also stated that Shea Embry, hired and paid him to do so.
Fulton Co. Sheriffs office are the official process servers of dispossessory notices in Atlanta and Fulton Co. but only after legal paperwork is properly filed with the Fulton County courts. Flo Shea had not filed any paperwork with the courts at the time regarding this matter. Mr. LaVone has a five-year lease with Flo Shea at the Point.
Mr. LaVone reported intolerable conditions to management in February and escalated their requests in March after no response or repairs were made and his boutique flooded from March rains, LaVone Studio Flood footage on FB.
Flo Shea At The Point, creates predatory leases that violates Georgia Tenant’s Rights and states they can lock you out of your business and confiscate your merchandise. That will not fly in Fulton County. Thomas LaVone is deep into a law battle with these Predator’s (a person or group that ruthlessly exploits others), they will all have their day in court.
Several businesses were to open at the Cascade Point location over the past few years. Surely Flo Shea’s egregiously predatory contracts have been the hold up. Flo Shea’s funding comes from grants provided by Invest Atlanta and other public funding. Flo Shea At The Point, has actually become a plague on the business corridor by subverting tenant’s rights through many predatory behaviors and illegal evictions. The City Council Representative offered no help to Thomas LaVone stating that “there was a civil case impending”. However, this did not become a civil issue until Flo Shea served the illegal eviction and changed the locks.
Mr. LaVone passed out that same evening and had to be rushed to the hospital due to a seizure. Another tenant, Mr. Leonardo’s had the same experience of passing out while running her business out of the same location, they were evicted, too. This story has many layers, let’s keep an eye on this and RESPOND back and let me know your thoughts?
On a lighter note check out Archive Atlanta by historian Victoria Lemos episode 2 about Aleaxander Hamilton, one of Atlanta’s first and very successful business owners, his story is interesting, Black Americans built Atlanta and we have always run our own businesses, https://www.archiveatlantapodcast.com/e/episode-2-alexander-hamilton/.
4 thoughts on “Commercial Gentrification, Looks Like This…￼”
Certainly will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Sounds like “land grabbing” to me and then some. Maybe even a bit of “witchcraft”.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Some might say that and you know me, I do have choice words to describe these types of common Grifter’s. Thomas LaVone will have his day in court soon. The month went by fast and all of the players are being rounded up as I tap, that type of behavior is not taken lightly and many citizens have begun to chime in about Flo Shea’s egregious business practices.
1. How did all this happen?
2. Who approved Shea Embry and Robert Flournoy to get funding and the Cascade Business district?
3. Why wasn’t they watched by those who approved the grant funding and cascade business district?
4. Follow the money trail!
1. No community oversight, we should have kept a closer eye but deferred it to people we trusted and they sided and became her cohorts against us, as we all witnessed.
2. The CBA is a joke and Shea and a couple of others sycophants are the only ones who sit on it because everyone has peeped the dysfunction. Basically an old mean girls group.
3. Well as you see they are crooks, liars and legal process server dodgers so what do you expect ?
4. The money is government funding from Invest Atlanta, so the trail starts there and can’t wait to see where it ends. I saw a house renovation, sports car and a property on Flamingo and near Grove Park but the stores at Beecher and Cascade and Mays have taken over 5 years to open and all have plumbing issues. So many business owners were swindled by these grifters.
5. Thank you for standing up to these pathetic excuses for humans surely they come from a long lineage of liars, cheats and jail house jumpsuit attire.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.